Montréal
Bonjour tout le monde,
Hey Internet! Hope all is well.
I've just returned from my trip to Montréal yesterday and it was absolutely amazing. I would definitely go back again one day just to take the rail to other cities. We only took the rail from Montréal to Québec and the whole time I was just staring out the window. I can do that for hours and not be bored. Even though there wasn't much to see, just plain fields and trees. The train does occasionally pass by other little towns which was nice. It's just so different from the west coast.
The buildings, the people, the trees. Unlike where I live now in Richmond, it really doesn't feel like I'm in Canada at all. I can see why though, Richmond is an island crowded by Asians of every ethnicity. It's just a mess here.
April 21st, 2018
I had to wake up at 4am in the morning because I had to get to the airport by 5:30am for our flight at 7am. We flew by AirCanada and it took about 4hours 30minutes. When we arrived, everything was in reverse. Signs were all in French and everyone spoke French unless you tell them "Anglais s'il vous plait." Anyway, airport to the hotel was not far. We took a nap when we arrived to our rooms since none of us got any sleep the night before and in flight. For dinner, we had Lebanese cuisine which was just a block away from the hotel. It was interesting since I've never really had Lebanese food before. After dinner, we walked back and went straight to bed.
April 22nd, 2018
The second day we explored around, found the underground city which was nothing but just shops. The highlight of the day was the Barbie Exhibition which took place in Les Cours Mont Royal. There was Barbie of iconic figures such as Kate and William, Audrey Hepburn, Elvis and much more. They even had Barbie of different countries around the world. I was surprised to find a Malaysian Barbie dressed up in a purple Kebaya.
We went to Vieux-Montréal, walked around, took some photos of the city and had an amazing Spanish lunch at Les Pyrénées.
It was time to leave Montréal and take the rail to Québec City. Since it was a Tuesday, the train wasn't packed at all. Our train car had less than 10 people including us. The journey took around 4 hours and the whole time I was just staring out the window even though there wasn't much to see. The train did
Hey Internet! Hope all is well.
I've just returned from my trip to Montréal yesterday and it was absolutely amazing. I would definitely go back again one day just to take the rail to other cities. We only took the rail from Montréal to Québec and the whole time I was just staring out the window. I can do that for hours and not be bored. Even though there wasn't much to see, just plain fields and trees. The train does occasionally pass by other little towns which was nice. It's just so different from the west coast.
The buildings, the people, the trees. Unlike where I live now in Richmond, it really doesn't feel like I'm in Canada at all. I can see why though, Richmond is an island crowded by Asians of every ethnicity. It's just a mess here.
April 21st, 2018
I had to wake up at 4am in the morning because I had to get to the airport by 5:30am for our flight at 7am. We flew by AirCanada and it took about 4hours 30minutes. When we arrived, everything was in reverse. Signs were all in French and everyone spoke French unless you tell them "Anglais s'il vous plait." Anyway, airport to the hotel was not far. We took a nap when we arrived to our rooms since none of us got any sleep the night before and in flight. For dinner, we had Lebanese cuisine which was just a block away from the hotel. It was interesting since I've never really had Lebanese food before. After dinner, we walked back and went straight to bed.
April 22nd, 2018
The second day we explored around, found the underground city which was nothing but just shops. The highlight of the day was the Barbie Exhibition which took place in Les Cours Mont Royal. There was Barbie of iconic figures such as Kate and William, Audrey Hepburn, Elvis and much more. They even had Barbie of different countries around the world. I was surprised to find a Malaysian Barbie dressed up in a purple Kebaya.
April 23rd, 2018
Montréal City skyline
|
Vieux-Montréal
|
April 24th, 2018
pass through several small towns up close which was really cool.
Train leaving Montréal.
|
![]() |
| Some trees along the way, this would be completely different in the fall. Red, orange, and yellow taking over. |
Here's a video I made on the journey :)

Comments
Post a Comment